Categories: 10 Terminus, 3630 Peachtree, Atlanta, Buckhead, Condos, Gallery Buckhead, Market Statistics, Midtown, Park Avenue, Regents Park, Ritz-Carlton Residences, Sovereign, St. Regis Residences, The Aberdeen, The Astoria, The Bellingrath, The Brookwood, The Mansion on Peachtree, Vinings
These are the sales I have compiled over the course of the year noting the 40 highest luxury condo sales for 2011! Sovereign and the Ritz-Carlton appear most often on the list, along with some additional new construction buildings (and some resales too). I kept track of the 40 highest closed luxury property sales, which resulted in $55,344,507 in sales. It’s probably not as high as we would like it, but the market has picked up significantly and this year has started off with a bang!
This is the list, ordered from the highest sale to the lowest: Click Here for More Photos & the Rest of the Feature
Categories: 39 West Wesley, Atlanta, Buckhead, Condos, Market Statistics, Midtown, Park Avenue, Regents Park, Ritz-Carlton Residences, St. Regis Residences, The Bellingrath, The Brookwood, The Mansion on Peachtree
If you have been reading my quarterly results posts, you will notice in previous periods the sales in the upper ranges were few and far in between. The new data now shows the train has indeed left the station and more buyers are purchasing condos above the $800,000 price range. This is more than double the transactions from last quarter (on my previous list). The results are encouraging and exciting. As a side note, only two transactions on my list were cash and the rest were all financed (lenders are now starting to get comfortable with giving money to buyers in high-end condos).
I have targeted the highest sales above $800,000. Missing from the fourth quarter is Sovereign which had closings in every quarter up to now. But don’t worry, they have a condo under contract for $2,700,000.
- St Regis Residences Buckhead Unit 1730 | Closed on 10/20 for $3,300,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Buckhead Unit 3402 | Closed on 12/1 for $2,414,394 (MLS Available Properties)
- The Mansion on Peachtree Unit 41B | Closed on 11/18/ for $2,150,005 (MLS Available Properties)
- The Bellingrath Unit 3 | Closed on 11/29 for $1,350,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- The Brookwood Unit 1901 | Closed on 10/6 for $1,135,700 (MLS Available Properties)
- Park Avenue Unit 29S | Closed on 12/15 for $1,165,00 (MLS Available Properties)
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Buckhead Unit 3107 | Closed on 12/14 for $1,113,500 (MLS Available Properties)
- Regents Park Unit 9 | Closed on 10/21 for $1,050,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- West Wesley Townhomes Unit 4 | Closed 12/2 for $1,000,000
- West Wesley Townhomes Unit 3 | Closed 11/2 for $1,000,000
- West Wesley Townhomes Unit 5 | Closed 10/28 for $990,000
- West Wesley Townhomes Unit 1 | Closed 11/7 for $980,000
- The Brookwood Unit 2001 | Closed on 11/11 for $970,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Above the Four Seasons Unit 4310 | Closed 12/19 for $919,900 (MLS Available Properties)
- 2500 Peachtree Unit 704 |Closed on 10/26 for $895,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- 2500 Peachtree Unit 606 |Closed on 11/29 for $830,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Buckhead Unit 2304 | Closed on 10/06 for $805,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Buckhead Unit 2104 | Closed on 12/13 for $799,500 (MLS Available Properties)
Aside from these results, there are 12 Pending Sales in FMLS (First Multiple Listing Service) ranging from $618,000 to $2,700,000 and 209 Pending Sales ranging from $200,000 to $579,900 as of today. So yes, there is activity in the market. This does not include units under contract that are not listed in the MLS, like from new construction developer units. And, as we learned in the past, we can’t count on pending sale because they may or may not close. What we can count on are solid sales.
Categories: Atlanta, Buckhead, Condos, Park Avenue, Penthouse
I first wrote about this Park Avenue penthouse when it was quietly listed in October 2008. Finally we are getting some details about the unit. This condo can be yours for only $17,000,000, which by the way surpasses the 2500 Peachtree Penthouse in price when it was listed in October 2006 for $13,000,000 (**** THIS PROPERTY IS UNAVAILABLE CURRENTLY). These are staggering numbers for the Atlanta condo market.
Park Avenue is located in Buckhead and was the tallest residential building (42 stories) in Atlanta through 2007 when it was surpassed by TWELVE Centennial Park, and the tallest building in Buckhead through 2008 when it was surpassed by 3344 Peachtree (Sovereign). It was one of two planned towers on a site with formal gardens. The total building height of 148.14 meters does not include the ornate curved screen on the top of the building. Click Here for More Photos & the Rest of the Feature