Above: the previous rendering for the Mandarin Atlanta – the latest rendering is on the November 13th blog post.
The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group and Tivoli Properties are expected to announce plans to build a 53 story tower with a Mandarin Oriental Hotel and 71 residences. This is fantastic news for those living near the project. When a major luxury brand like the Mandarin puts down roots, home values tend to go up.
There are only a handful of Mandarin Oriental Residences in the world and they are located in the best and most desirable areas. Boston, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, London, Marrakech and my absolute favorite Dellis Cay are the only locations so far. (If you haven’t seen the website for Dellis Cay, you should google it and take a look. If I had an extra $15 million I’d buy a Tree House.)
According to the AJC, Tivoli Properties has started a “founders program” for the project in which the first 30 buyers to reserve condominiums will receive $75 a square foot discounts.
19 buyers have already made reservations to live at the exclusive, ultra-luxury tower.
- Construction costs are expected to reach $285 million dollars
- 2-3 years to complete the project – estimated date 2011
- Tower to reach 700 feet
- Average condo size will be 2,700 square feet
- Average condo price between $5,000,000 and $6,000,000
- Large, spacious floorplans, luxury amenities, jaw-dropping views and the latest in technology
- Pricing from $1,800,000 to a whopping $15,000,000
- Residents will have full access to hotel amenities, such as housekeeping, room service, dining (two restaurants – one on the 30th floor), tea lounge on the 30th, health club and of course a 20,000 square foot Mandarin Spa.
- 198 Hotel rooms costing upwards of $350 per night
I’m fairly certain we are going to see some changes in from the original design of the tower (pictured above). The above renderings are from about a year ago when we first heard some whisperings of the Mandarin coming to Atlanta. The Mandarin will be located in Midtown at 1138 Peachtree Street.
What do you think about the design of the building? Do you like the green colored glass on the facade? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Is it still scheduled to open in Midtown?
Yes, the location is 1138 Peachtree Street in MIdtown.
I think Atlanta, in particular midtown, needs a splash design like MO. Buckhead has Sovereign, and soon people will say move over BoA tower midtown now has the MO. Now all we need is the aquarius tower to be built in DT, to replace the westin as the iconic building down there.
I can assure you that those renderings are not accurate. I have seen the new ones and the building design is stunning. Hold your breath for a few more days and you will be able to get a look at a scale model. Patience, it will be worth it.
How about some hints Andrew?
Sorry, no hints, just tease 🙂 The floor plans are really good, the finishes very high end with brands not yet represented in the Atlanta market. The lowest level condo is going to be looking over the top of 1010 Midtown! The impact on the mid town skyline is going to be huge.
You must log in to post a comment.