Categories: Atlanta, Buckhead, Condos, Downtown, Foreclosure, Auctions, Short Sales, Home Prices, Midtown
Chances are if you are going to my condo site (http://www.atlantaSKYrise.com) and blog, you are probably looking to view property listings and get as much detailed condo information as possible. I know there are numerous websites you can use to get information and search properties, but my goal is to have a content rich site where you can do everything you need, all in one place.
My site is updated throughout each and every day with the newest properties to hit the market, so it will show every single property available in Atlanta and the surrounding areas – provided they are listed in the MLS. For newer condo buildings, please contact me to find out what is available. Sometimes the developer/seller will only put a handful of listings in the MLS, while there are still a good number available to purchase.
Highlight updates include: Full Screen Mode, Search Active, Backup/Contingent and Pending Listings, Radius Search Option, Birds Eye View of Property Location, Similar Listings Tab, Multiple Listing Price History, Add RSS Feeds for Easy Viewing of New/Updated Property Listings, Include Just or Exclude Pre-Foreclosure, Short Sale, Bank/Lender Owned Properties.
Click the link to right to continue reading the post. Click Here for More Photos & the Rest of the Feature
Categories: 10 Terminus, 3630 Peachtree, Atlanta, Buckhead, Condos, Gallery Buckhead, Market Statistics, Midtown, Park Avenue, Regents Park, Ritz-Carlton Residences, Sovereign, St. Regis Residences, The Aberdeen, The Astoria, The Bellingrath, The Brookwood, The Mansion on Peachtree, Vinings
These are the sales I have compiled over the course of the year noting the 40 highest luxury condo sales for 2011! Sovereign and the Ritz-Carlton appear most often on the list, along with some additional new construction buildings (and some resales too). I kept track of the 40 highest closed luxury property sales, which resulted in $55,344,507 in sales. It’s probably not as high as we would like it, but the market has picked up significantly and this year has started off with a bang!
This is the list, ordered from the highest sale to the lowest: Click Here for More Photos & the Rest of the Feature
Categories: Articles, Atlanta, Buckhead, Condos, Downtown, Foreclosure, Auctions, Short Sales, Home Prices, Market Statistics, Midtown, Penthouse
Highlights on atlantaSKYrise ®:
- Convenient drop down to select your luxury condo project
- Access to all available Atlanta Penthouse listings – use the handy Penthouse Slider for quick access
- Multiple Options available to view available properties (with quick links to New Condo Listings, Price Drops and Foreclosures)
- Register to save your searches and favorite properties
- Receive email alerts when I update my blog or send my e-blasts
Remember to sign up for automatic updates!
Categories: Atlanta, Condos, Home Prices, Midtown, The Atlantic
In a letter dated January 13, ST Residential advised all home owners they received and accepted an unsolicited bulk sale offer to sell the remaining inventory of the 401-unit The Atlantic condominium located at Atlantic Station in Midtown. According to a source, the purchaser is a well-resepected real estate company located in Miami Beach, Florida – Crescent Heights (
this has not been confirmed yet).
ST’s general strategy is to sell homes unit by unit to the public, but according to the letter, the bulk sale is in line with the bottom line pricing for each unit overall. So basically ST Residential was able to get their bottom line pricing and is going to unload the building inventory to another seller.
An affiliate of Miami Beach-based Crescent Heights paid $50.4 million for the remaining 241 units in the Tao condominium in Sunrise back in May last year. They then decided to lease the remaining units, rather than sell them individually. Who knows if this will be the plan for the The Atlantic. The Atlantic has a rental cap of 25% so I think it would be hard to turn the building into rentals.
Large multi-family distressed/bulk condo deals are a good sign that the bottom has been reached and investors are taking advantage of the opportunity in the market. I’m sure we will get more information when the deal is formally announced.
Categories: 39 West Wesley, Atlanta, Buckhead, Condos, Market Statistics, Midtown, Park Avenue, Regents Park, Ritz-Carlton Residences, St. Regis Residences, The Bellingrath, The Brookwood, The Mansion on Peachtree
If you have been reading my quarterly results posts, you will notice in previous periods the sales in the upper ranges were few and far in between. The new data now shows the train has indeed left the station and more buyers are purchasing condos above the $800,000 price range. This is more than double the transactions from last quarter (on my previous list). The results are encouraging and exciting. As a side note, only two transactions on my list were cash and the rest were all financed (lenders are now starting to get comfortable with giving money to buyers in high-end condos).
I have targeted the highest sales above $800,000. Missing from the fourth quarter is Sovereign which had closings in every quarter up to now. But don’t worry, they have a condo under contract for $2,700,000.
- St Regis Residences Buckhead Unit 1730 | Closed on 10/20 for $3,300,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Buckhead Unit 3402 | Closed on 12/1 for $2,414,394 (MLS Available Properties)
- The Mansion on Peachtree Unit 41B | Closed on 11/18/ for $2,150,005 (MLS Available Properties)
- The Bellingrath Unit 3 | Closed on 11/29 for $1,350,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- The Brookwood Unit 1901 | Closed on 10/6 for $1,135,700 (MLS Available Properties)
- Park Avenue Unit 29S | Closed on 12/15 for $1,165,00 (MLS Available Properties)
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Buckhead Unit 3107 | Closed on 12/14 for $1,113,500 (MLS Available Properties)
- Regents Park Unit 9 | Closed on 10/21 for $1,050,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- West Wesley Townhomes Unit 4 | Closed 12/2 for $1,000,000
- West Wesley Townhomes Unit 3 | Closed 11/2 for $1,000,000
- West Wesley Townhomes Unit 5 | Closed 10/28 for $990,000
- West Wesley Townhomes Unit 1 | Closed 11/7 for $980,000
- The Brookwood Unit 2001 | Closed on 11/11 for $970,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Above the Four Seasons Unit 4310 | Closed 12/19 for $919,900 (MLS Available Properties)
- 2500 Peachtree Unit 704 |Closed on 10/26 for $895,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- 2500 Peachtree Unit 606 |Closed on 11/29 for $830,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Buckhead Unit 2304 | Closed on 10/06 for $805,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Buckhead Unit 2104 | Closed on 12/13 for $799,500 (MLS Available Properties)
Aside from these results, there are 12 Pending Sales in FMLS (First Multiple Listing Service) ranging from $618,000 to $2,700,000 and 209 Pending Sales ranging from $200,000 to $579,900 as of today. So yes, there is activity in the market. This does not include units under contract that are not listed in the MLS, like from new construction developer units. And, as we learned in the past, we can’t count on pending sale because they may or may not close. What we can count on are solid sales.
Categories: Atlanta, Midtown, Piedmont Park
Have a safe and happy holiday! I’m going to take some time off to celebrate with my family and friends. It has been a super busy year and I believe next year is going to be even busier. I have lots of great things planned for the new year, so stay tuned! Kevin
Categories: Atlanta, Buckhead, Midtown, Restaurants, The Brookwood
Watershed restaurant, an award-winning Southern-inspired eatery that pioneered the Decatur dining scene when it hung its shingle on a converted gas station 13 years ago, is re-locating to The Brookwood, a 219-unit, mixed-use condominium community located on Peachtree Street in the heart of the historic Brookwood neighborhood. The move will empower owners Ross Jones, Indigo Girls’ Emily Saliers and Chef Joe Truex to realize their dream of growing the business with private dining, a patio and a wealth of parking.
They plan to maintain the integrity of the Watershed brand, including the inspired cuisine of acclaimed Chef Truex, while updating it with a modern sensibility reflective of the new location. Diners can expect to see General Manager Jones on the floor and Chef Truex in the kitchen of this Smith Hanes-designed 175-seat jewel. If you look at the photos above, the restaurant will be located on the right corner of the building. Click Here for More Photos & the Rest of the Feature