Can you believe we are already through the second quarter of 2011? Time sure goes by quickly. I pulled the highest sales for the second quarter and the results weren’t too surprising. Sovereign continues to be the dominant building in the luxury market closing units over $1,000,000.
It’s not that there aren’t a good number of units over a million to sell. When I pulled the listings in FMLS (First Multiple Listing Service), there are currently 100 properties available. Remember, that doesn’t include units in buildings where the developer hasn’t listed all of the inventory. Still without a single sale this year are The Mansion on Peachtree, W Downtown Atlanta Residences and the St. Regis Residences in Buckhead.
So what does the top 7 list look like?
- Sovereign Penthouse B – Unit 4802 | Closed on 5/24 for $5,000,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Sovereign Unit 4201 | Closed on 5/2 for $1,975,0000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Sovereign Unit 3901 | Closed on 6/15 for $1,750,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Sovereign Unit 3101 | Closed on 4/13 for $1,310,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Regents Park Unit 10 | Closed on 5/25 for $1,200,000 (MLS Available Properties)
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Buckhead Unit 2507 | Closed on 6/15 for $1,073,500 (MLS Available Properties)
- One Brookhaven Unit 204| Closed on 6/03 for $1,000,000 (MLS Available Properties)
I’ll continue to track closings. If you have specific questions about the market (in any price range), please let me know. You can email me privately or simply make a comment below.