I recently went to The Astoria, located in the historic Peachtree Battle area of Atlanta, to take a look at their only remaining penthouse. The entire project turned out quite well. The mix of traditional and contemporary is something I have always loved and Kairos has managed to blend the two seamlessly throughout the interior of the building.
What I really love about this building is the size. There are only 70 condominiums and that is an advantage when thinking about resale down the road. This particular penthouse is about 3,145 square foot inside and has a huge 1,374 square feet terrace. The list price is $1,572,500 – about $500 per square foot – not bad at all considering the large size of the unit.
Below: Finding your way around.
I asked the on-site agent about the interior of the unit, which currently has drywall. It is going to be left this way so the purchaser can completely customize the penthouse with the finishes they like. The unit was previously under contract by a buyer who lived in California, who happened to be an architect. She changed the floor plan slightly and made some smart choices. She removed the two separate room dividers in the living and dining areas and made one large great room. The fireplace was moved to the back wall and the guest suite (adjacent to the living room) is now a den/media room with a large ached opening. The master bathroom has also been completely overhauled to be one functional open space, instead of two bathrooms. Personally I really like the changes. There is even an outdoor fireplace and summer kitchen on the terrace.
Below: The great room is one large space, thanks to the removal of two small walls dividing up the space.
Below: Your kitchen goes here. The door leads to the walk-in pantry – which is huge after removing the small library.
Below: A completed kitchen. They have several options to choose from – everything from dark to light cabinetry. Thermador appliances and gas cooking. Dishwashers and refrigerators can have matching panels to hide them from view.
Interior Penthouse Features:
- Hardwood Floors in the Foyer, Kitchen, Dining, Living, and Study – or all areas if you like hardwoods throughout
- Entry Foyer Detailed Trim Package Throughout
- 12’ Ceilings in Penthouse Levels
- Floor to Ceiling Glass Windows
- Large 1,374 square foot Terrace
- Large Spacious Living Area
- 8’ Solid Doors
- Laundry Room with Side by Side Unit Capabilities
- High Efficiency Heat Pump System
- Pre-Wired for Cable and Telephone in all Bedrooms and Living Room
- Fiber Access with High Speed Connectivity
- In-unit Home Alarm Monitoring System and Smoke Detector
- Ceiling Fan in Master Bedroom
- Vogue Collection Carpet (Bedrooms)
Custom KItchen Features:
- Granite Countertops with Kohler Deerfield Smart Divide Undercounter Sink
- Maple Custom Made and Designed Classical Raised Paneled Cabinets
- ShowHouse by Moen Savvy Collection Faucet
- Thermador Professional Series Appliance Package with Vent Hood (Gas Cook Top, Wall Oven, Convection Microwave)
- Built-In Refrigerator
- Bosch Dishwasher
- Pantry (per plan)
- Garbage Disposal
- Natural Stone / Marble Backsplash
- Under Cabinet Lighting
Below: Connecting the summer kitchen area with the outdoor fireplace is a long walkway. It would be a really nice area to have planters set in between the columns all along the walkway – maybe boxwood hedges? I would also add some type of trellis overhead running the length of the walkway. Don’t mind the floor – it still had ice on it when I took these photos.
Master Bathroom Features:
- Separate Walk-in Shower
- Custom Double Vanity with Mirror
- Kohler Bancroft Undercounter Sink
- Granite Countertops
- Natural Stone / Marble Surround
- Frameless Shower Door
- Kohler Leighton Comfort Height Toilet
- ShowHouse by Moen Felicity Collection Faucet
- Large Walk-in Closets Custom Shelving
The Astoria Amenities: Concrete Construction; Brick, Cast Stone, and Glass Facade; Professionally Landscaped and Maintained; Grand Lobby with 24/7 Concierge; Guest Suite; All Units Equipped with Interior Alarms; Controlled Access into Residential Areas; Gated Parking; Pet Walking Area; Decorative Post Lanterns along Peachtree Road; Shops and Restaurants within Community; Walk to Fine Restaurants, Galleries, and Shopping; Over One-Acre of Greenspace; Swimming Pool and Amenity Deck with Heated Spa and Outdoor Fireplace; Grilling Area with Natural Wood Trellises over Cabana-style Seating; Wellness Center Fully Equipped with State-of-the-Art Equipment; Clubroom with Catering Kitchen
To me, this building is like having a bit of New York in Atlanta. I like the small size, the modern windows and the traditional interiors. Whoever purchases this unit is going to end up with a beautiful condo. It’s still in it’s drywall phase, so there is plenty of opportunity to customize to your hearts content.
Vanderbilt Penthouse 1 – Unit 1601
3 bedrooms, 3 full baths, 1 half bath
3,145 average interior square feet
1,374 average terrace square feet
$500 per square foot
Current state: drywall
Price: $1,572,500 ***THIS PROPERTY HAS BEEN SOLD
Are you interested in seeing this penthouse at The Astoria? I am available by phone, email and text – so get in touch with me!
I’ll be back tomorrow with another amazing space.